Sunday, April 6, 2008

The 2 hours + some of my own time...

I know this is a long time coming however I still remember what I did for the couple hours of my own time.

I went out to a bar with a friend to meet one of my other friend's parents, kinda weird huh? Not really.

I truly have never met parents like this - we shall name them D and S. I had been going to their house on a regular basis all 4 years of high school to chill with my friend. Every time we hung out at their house they made me feel utterly and completely welcomed, like a part of their family. I was at their house so often that they eventually left the door unlocked for me to come in (I'd knock first of course). They didn't treat just me like this though, we had a core group of about 4 other guys that they made just as welcomed. Through this time we celebrated birthdays, family gatherings, camping trips, cedar point vacations, and made countless films in their basement: astronaut, wild west, ninja - you know all the standard stuff.

Anyway getting to present time...We met D and S at a local bar and had many drinks and cheers to the "good ol' days". Lots of shared memories were had and tons of laughing. It was just a great way to relax and spend time with friends. So yea that's what I did for my "Do whatever the hell I want" time.

No comments: