Sunday, April 6, 2008

"What the Bleep Do We Know" thoughts

I had seen the movie before but not in it's entirety. I think a lot of being able to enjoy this movie is to have a very open mind, especially on matters that haven't even been touched on in school. It still hasn't sunk in completely and I'm writing this a month after seeing it so that goes to show you how abstract it can be.

I do agree with most things that were said in the film, for example, I think that the attitude that one carries with them truly affects all aspects of that persons life. The example of the water crystals showed this and really surprised me with the results.

I found the part with the wedding party particularly interesting. (Warning: Long Sentence Ahead) I knew we had a complex system of nerves and connections that we used to create emotions but I never really thought about how past experiences can create new connections while severing others which can create completely different reactions, most of which are undesired. Our bodies are amazing, especially the human psyche.

I didn't completely understand the small part about the atoms that repel each other (negative repelling positive, or something like that). What I got from it was that nothing really completely touches each other. They gave the example of the basketball "hitting" the pavement, when in actuality it gets repelled from the pavement's surface. Maybe I am reading that part completely wrong but I just didn't fully comprehend it. I mean, I know I can touch things because I can describe how they feel.

All in all it was a very interesting and entertaining movie. I hear there is a second one out and plan on watching that one as well.

1 comment:

modestalchemist said...

on an atomic level, nothing ever touches. everything is surrounded by electrons which have a negative charge.. it is like trying to push two south poles of a magnet together.

just because we don't actually touch things, doesn't mean that we can't effect things, or feel their effect on us.

which brings up the realization that we are effecting everything we interact with without even touching it. so if we can do that, then can we effect things from further distances? can we effect things on the other side of the world?

i hope that helps with your understanding of that part of the movie.